Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pirate Themed Wedding

The other day I was catching up with good friends and I was pleased to hear the topic of weddings come up. Nothing thrills me more than helping friends plan a wedding and we all know I’m a huge fan of theme parties. However, when the words “Pirate Themed Wedding” were spoken I had visions of cheesiness in my head. Thus I took it upon myself to marry the sophistication of a wedding with the fun of a pirate theme.
Here’s my inspiration board:

 (I’ve lost the original photo locations please email me and I will gladly post the credit information)

It’s all about the cake! It’s fun, it’s sophisticated, and it sets the tone and color scheme for a pirate inspired wedding. It’s wonderful to incorporate a theme, but don’t let it take center stage. Remember a wedding is a day to celebrate the bride and groom. Take cues from you theme to help enhance your wedding decor. For example, the plume of pirate’s hat, see how it’s used in the red roses centerpiece as well as the bridal bouquet. Use aged looking nautical maps as the back drop to your wedding invitations. You can mail them to guests in plastic bottles no need for extra boxing just write the address directly to the bottle and use adequate postage. Add a touch of whimsy with the skull and cross bones ties and brooch attached to the garter. If you’re having an intimate wedding consider having the ceremony aboard a ship. Also keep in mind it’s not pirate’s life without a little yo ho ho and a bottle of rum. Keep the alcohol simple and create a signature rum drink to sever to your guests topped off with “bone chilling” ice cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment